WebSDR General Comments.
Online SDR Servers located around the world can enhance the Ham Radio Experience through Band/Frequency visualization as well as audio and signal control (bandwidth, Band Mode, and audio volume). WebSDR usage through your computer is Receive ONLY. Suggestions for using WebSDR are:
- Evaluating your Ham System
Clearing a frequency before starting CQ call
Enhanced Net experience with light to no propagation callers (Snowbird great example)
Enhance/Expand DX experience (i.e. simple DX/Rag Chewing listening)
SDR servers in General
- Transmission signal and audio quality
- Checking propagation
- All similar but are developed by different developers
- Developer software challenges (java, HTML, Chrome, etc.)
- Follow site suggestions Rules of Engagement
To get started here are a few suggested links:
WebSDR Link: http://websdr.org/ Access to 172 Worldwide SDR Servers.
SDR.HU Link: http://SDR.HU/